Founded in 1984, the priorities of the ACC Foundation are providing scholarship and financial aid to students, providing funding for professional development activities for faculty and staff, and establishing endowments to provide for future growth and instructional chairs.
The Foundation assists hundreds of students annually with scholarships and financial aid so that they are able to have access to a college education. Professional development funds from the Foundation help pay for faculty and staff continuing education and memberships in professional organizations.
For more information about Alamance Community College, visit www.alamancecc.edu.
About the Foundation
Executive Director: Ms. Carolyn Rhode
Number of Board Members: 31
Full Time Employees: 4
Part-Time Employees: 3
Foundation Staff Pictured Left: (L-R) 1st Row: Carolyn Rhode, Executive Director, Natalie B. Miles, Executive Administrative Assistant; Middle Row: Barb Young, Administrative Assistant; Back Row: Lecia Booe, Senior Accounting Technician, Suellyn Dalton, ACC Grant Writer
During 2017-2018, nearly 900 students received financial assistance from the ACC Foundation: 1 2
- 281 (243) low-income students received Foundation Scholarships, which are funded through unrestricted donations.
- 474 (517) students received named scholarships. Nearly all of these scholarships target low income students.
- 75 (69) student workers received a portion of their wages from the Foundation.
- 14 (20) ACC High School Equivalency or Adult High School graduates took advantage of the Foundation’s gift to them of a voucher toward a free college level class.
- 6 (6) Alamance County high school graduates received academic-based scholarships from the Foundation.
- 20 (26) students received support to participate in the CSTEP (Carolina transfer) program.
- 83 (68) students received Foundation student distress funds to tide them over in the face of a one-time emergency situation that would have prevented them from graduating.
- 14 (11) students served as Student Ambassadors.
Hundreds more students benefited from training received by ACC instructors and staff funded through the ACC Foundation.
1 Numbers do not add since many students benefit from more than one program.
2 Numbers in parentheses represent 2016-2017.
February: Annual Phonathon
May: Celebration of Excellence/Distinguished Alumni
August: ACC Day
September: Return to the Classroom
October: Donor Recipient Reception
November: Reinhartsen Run 5K Run/Walk
Board of Directors
Peter T. Blaetz
K. Dale Greeson
Charles R. Harris
Aaron P. Noble, Jr., Ed.D.
Jack R. Overacre, Jr.
Nancy O. Whitfield
Charles H. Harris
Geraldine M. Horton
James D. Moser, Jr.
Virgil L. Stadler